Ajju Mazhar

My photo
Karachi, Pakistan
Human touch: emotions, connections; corporate is my personal. Rapport marks my trainings for a peer relationships with the participants. Facilitation: giving as a trait runs in my blood. Facilitation is the art of giving time, confidence, opportunity and wisdom. Creativity: A kinesthetic learner myself, I literally like to get my hands dirty. Exercises, methodology, tools: its a no compromise ride to things colorful, memorable and playful. Belief in People. Positivity. Humanity. Angels. God.

Monday, August 23, 2010

1-2: buckle my show

1. Sometimes we are standing at the same place but because we are shouting so much it seems as if we are at a distance.

2. People are focused. When we hear stuff, we gather the info in front of us, and put it into the shredder of focus. Some shred it by applying it all on themselves. Pure paranoia. He is really saying this to ME through this example. On their relationship. This too means he wants to end. As an affirmation to their theories and beliefs. How can we learn to defocus. As I read in the book, eat pray, love, Italians just be. Why can’t we just be? I can’t! I watched grays right now, and I can apply every lesson to my life. I loved it. Buy why?

3. Beautiful lesson from grays: many lawsuits can be avoided by saying sorry. Cause many people really just want to be acknowledged. Just say sorry. They were right.

4. I once came up with this thought. I stand by it. Apologies should be made with greater aplomb than the insult/hurt/act causing the apology. It’s like favors. Or borrowed money. Always pay back more. And no don’t bring in convenience. Friends don’t need it. They understand the body language. The puppy eyes. They know. Oh they KNOW. So go out and say sorry. Cause for a friend, sorry are not priced with egos.

5. Acknowledge through praise. There is perhaps no speedier way to a heart than praise. For ANYONE. It’s one stop shop for a smile. Genuine praise.

6. Whale done. Highlighting the positive and ignoring the negatives. Why is this hardest to do where it’s needed the most? Where there are repeated fights, fallouts, breakups, let downs. Where it will really matter?

7. If whale done is highlighting the positive, is shark done what we otherwise and normally do? Highlighting the negative and forgranting the positive?

8. If you deliberately/accidentally saw somebody else’s phone, and saw something against you, can you hold the other person up to charge?

9. At the end of the day it’s all about the choices we make. Or don’t make. To write. Deliberate. Express. Hide. Say. Act. Do. Then why do we, no why do I want to not those choices by complaining about stuff.


10. If we choose x and know we should pursue it, but it doesn’t make me happy, do I have to explain it to you? It’s like I am working hard and I am tired but I don’t want you to tell me to quit my job or don’t complain. Just listen. Acknowledge. Be there.

11. Similarly, when someone asks for a favor; give or decline. Don’t cross question. Don’t give alternatives. They have considered those alternatives and then come to you. Asking is not easy. So respect that. Don’t make asking look like begging. Make it look easy. Easy doesn’t mean the taker doesn’t realize its worth. Their gratitude goes up, not down, when you do the favor like a breeze.

12. How will we learn to just be? In the feedback session with gora trainers, my guru Jon taught us value of just listening to feedback and being. In the moments. With ourselves. Just be. To not have to justify, prove, explain. Just be. Ah what a world that would be. Be.

Are you listening?
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

1 comment:

TM said...

3-4__ Open the door:

[Re-commented here because these two just make such a wonderful pair =)]

1. Distant or too close, when this happens, maybe it's time for a time out :s

2. That's what psychiatrists call delusion of persecution, and I call affirmations of our deep hidden fears in our relationships. All we can d...o is say... or be hopeful they aren't true. The real question with the latter questions hope itself. Is hope a drug we need to go off of? Or is it keeping us alive? What's the harm in believing? I believe, its best just to ask, and later laugh with them at the stupid way our brains work.

3. Bailey's always right!

4. If your hurt was made a public display, their remorse should out show you! I love the idea!

5. Be careful with praise! When too often, it may desensitize them to its value (and since its the best I can give, as even being included in my will may give them no more than 5 cents as for now... lol, it will be different once I am rich, but till then this holds true) I believe our praise should hold its value in the eyes of the ones we praise.

6 & 7. This depends on your expectations! Again, i question hope and optimism...

8. My history with finding phones is public knowledge, and my actions are worded in history... hahaha~

9. We SO miss impulse in our lives. Even our reflexes are highly conditioned.. this nagging habit of rethinking evry action and putting a rationale behind it. I want to just run away from it ( but wait... who will take the bloody USMLE if you run... lol)

10. You owe no explanations to anyone for any action that may make you or break you... reference : Meredith - You can't question me on how I chose to mend what you broke! :)

11. Why ask the wrong person in the first place! Just ask someone who'd never say no! Ask me :)

12. Lesson for the day: These are your cards - Play!

Much Love!